19 December 2005

Snow!

That's right, it's snowing, and sticking on everything but the roads (thankfully). I hear that sometimes the snow becomes so treacherous on all these hills that whole neighborhoods close off for a day or two. And it's cold cold cold! COLD! A year and a half in california sissified me I guess. Though I suppose I could have dressed a bit better than I did for today. Not surprising the only cats I saw while walking here were ones peeking out at me from their shelters against the weather. Though I am really glad I got out to Hagia Sophia the day before the horrible weather started. The five-day forecast says there is hope for next weekend, so maybe I'll get inside some other places of interest. One I would like to see is called the mosaic museum. It's behind the blue mosque on the sight of the Byzantine Emperors' palace. Now he's the kicker, the museum is the intact pieces mosaic floor of the palace. You walk around and they are still there on the ground. (under glass of corse, and a few have been relocated to the walls)

Tomorrow I'm wearing a sweater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home