15 December 2005

Funny stories, muddy paws.

Hassan told me a hilarious story today about a former girlfriend of his. The two of them had gone touring around Turkey on vacation and to make their bags lighter they had brought only one of certain appliances to share. (One Iron, one hair drier, etc.) This story is about the iron. Hassan had just finished ironing some shirts when his girlfriend came in and asked to use the iron. He handed it to her handle first and she clasped it to her chest in a sign of cute affection. And unfortunately she had been wearing something akin to a spaghetti strap tank top. Hassan said it was like she had been branded and added, "She'll never forget me."

Now, I know it's very cruel and wrong to laugh at human misery, but his closing remark made me just start cracking up. It's a bad thing that happened sure, but probably not the worst thing at which I've laughed. Like that story Dave told me about the midget hooker he knew in Denver who ended up dead and stuffed in a trash can one morning.

Well, it's a slow morning, I'm finally waking up after being here for three hours. I started out a bit earlier this morning and played with more cats. I tried to take some pictures, but none of them would hold still enough. My favorite was asleep in the ivy and I woke him up with a treat to his nose. Most of the others seemed more interested in petting than food, so I guess not only are they not starving, they must be fed well and regularly. During my fifteen minute walk up the hill I see somewhere around half a dozen to a dozen cats, depending on the weather. Passers-by don't seen to understand why I sit and pet the cats and take their pictures.

None of the cat pictures from this morning came out very well, maybe I'll get some good poses during the walk home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home