12 December 2005

A Trip To the Archeology Museum

Lots of pictures today. I had to wait until I was at work with high speed internet. (which I should be getting at the apartment in the near future.) I was totally blown away by the visit to the museum, I don't really have much to say. So here are the pictures.

I have high resolution (4.0 mega pixel) versions of any of these and more if anyone wants them, just email me.

First we arrived in Sultenamet right between the two big big beautiful buildings.


Hagia Sophia


Blue Mosque

Then we went to the Archeology and Antiquity Museum.


A statue outside the Antiquity Museum


This is a tablet in Sumerian, it appears to be a dedication by the king of Lagash for a temple. This is old Sumerian, Third Millenium BC. Totally hot.


Here is a tablet, I think it's Phonecian.


Alexander the Great.


Alexander the Great's Tomb


A peice of a statue of Goddess Artemis


Here is the man himself, Marcus Aurelius. My heart went pitter-pat when I saw this one.


And here is Asli next to a statue of a women from Ancient Greece.

That Sunday was a seriously religious experiance for me I think I'm going to go back there many many times. Also, it's only about 1.50 USD to get inside the museum.

I hope you enjoyed the picutes as much as I enjoyed taking them

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home