16 December 2005

Friday, planning for the Weekend and Beyond

So the students here are all hip and fashionable, that means right now many of their shirts have bits of english written on them. From strange things like "wHERE's the secret message" to things I really wouldn't expect, like a guy wearing a UCB sweatshirt and my favorite that I unsuccessfully tried to eplain to the girl wearing it. She was wearing a sweatshirt that read Yuba City, CA Physical Education Department. Of all the places to be a Gym teacher... Well, I suppose it beats Fresno. Maybe when her English improves she'll look at her cloths and throw them in the rubbish.

Well, today is Friday, I think I've finally recovered from Monday night's ordeal and I'm ready to go out touring a bit more this weekend. It's raining today, but if it has cleared up by morning I think I'll hit Sultanamet at dawn and get as much daylight photography as the approaching solstice will allow. Asli, one of her Co-Workers, and Murat want to take me out Saturday night. Murat is the student president at Bacheshire University and wants to intoduce me to the dean.

Makena and Eric will be in town in nine days, I'll still be working for that week, but the big vacation hits the thirtieth and then I'll be able to drag them around this city that's quickly becoming home. There are some vague ideas to go skiing in eastern Turkey in early January, but I might rather just stick around town, there is still so much I haven't seen.

Cell Phone Use: Calls: 1 Texts: 4 (I sent a couple texts Monday night, I keep forgetting to update this counter.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home