14 December 2005

Chugging along through the Week.

Whew, first update this week. Work isn't exactly strenuous, the hours are just really long. (In fact I'm typing this up at work.) Monday night was crazy, there was a room full of the rich folks from around town who went to see some staggeringly talented pianist (I listened to it from outside the auditorium) then they rubbed elbows in the foyer afterwards. I was there presumably to be a waiter, but the event was catered and waiters were provided. Hassan was there helping to run the show, but since I can't give orders to the Turkish workers, I couldn't help out with that either. So I ended up standing around and looking pretty for four hours after a full day.

It wasn't entirely bad, I met some neat people who I'm going to go out with this weekend. Also I caught up with Mr. Omral and met someone of importance around Istanbul who is traveling to Washington DC in two days. He didn't speak any English and Mr. Omral joked that I should teach it to him. Another fellow wants to introduce me to the dean and see about moving me up a bit in dear ol' Istanbul.

It started sprinkling this morning as I walked to work when I ran into my usual ill-tempered friend. Here is a picture of him, sitting in his usual spot.



Here's another picture from the museum that I finished messing around with the levels to get the glare off the marble. (sorta) It's of me between two statues of Marcus Aurelius. I'll go back to the museum some day where there is a lot better light.



Internet at the apartment is pretty spotty, I can't wait until the DSL line is installed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home