29 December 2005

Jump Start the Weekend, Go to Bed Early!

The weather has been gradually warming as the winds shifted south, the rain has been light and brief, a welcome change. But this is bound to be temporary, it is December here after all.

Istanbul seems to be perpetually under construction, from the roads torn up for utility work in Taksim to the apartment building being built on my walk to work, there are even three high rises under construction across the little valley from my neighborhood. Last night was perfect, I went home with nothing to do, did some laundry, played some games, and was asleep before nine. For fans of Futurama I'm beginning to feel a bit like Slurms MacKenzie, the original party worm. "Infact, Slurms has to party all night, every night, or he doesn't get paid." Lots of the students want me to go to their parties and almost every evening some important social event is happening, so it felt good just to relax and sleep.

Today is the second day of exams at the school, and if I understand correctly, I don't even need to come to work tomorrow, my vacation starts. But it's only a quasi-vacation, since I will still be overseeing some improvement projects at the school. The ski trip is still on for this weekend it seems, I'll be taking the camera for that adventure, as well as the little single use heating pads I ordered from Japan last winter. I still have about five left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home