26 December 2005

Archeology Museum, Round Two

I spent my Christmas morning in the Archeology Museum copying down the Sumerian tablets and then treating myself to a near-empty museum full of classical sculpture. It was heaven. Not having anyone along this time really helped, I swear it felt like half the statues I had never seen before.

So you like the classics? You like ancient times?



Do you like really old works of art?



Lemmehearyousayyeah,yeah!



He was a hunk.


A man playing a lyre, exquisite, and intact.



Cornelia Antonia, empress and definetly a hottie. This statue is amazing, since the dress seems to show through the shawl she has wrapped around her. Exquisite!



And a wonderful statue of Artemis, my favorite of the gods, that I had somehow missed of my last visit.



And of corse there are the kitties. This very effectionate one posed atop a pillar for me, but most of the time I was taking pictures outside he was jumping up and rubbing against my hands, or climbing on me when I kneeled for a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home