27 December 2005

Shave and a hair cut, Yirmi Yeni Turk Liras

Good morning, this week is zipping right along, and it's really great to have Makena and Eric in town and coherent so soon after their journey over. After work yesterday I decided to try hitting a coiffure parlor and getting a split end trim. Things turned out really nice, but there was a little adventure before hand. Right below Jess and Elsa's apartment there is a hair salon with some very nice people, it was recommended and I decided to give it a shot. I felt pretty thick-skulled when it finally dawned on me that the salon only did women's hair after a few minutes of explaining and fishing for words.

But no matter, I just decided to try out this hair shop along my walk to work. Walking in I was greeted and someone was just finishing their haircut so the wait wasn't long at all. And wow, this guy was pretty amazing. I got half an inch trimmed off, then some styling done, a straight blade razor shave, then the apprentice fellow took over and washed my hair, massaged some lotions into my face and gave me a massage. That was my idea of a trim, I walked out of there feeling godlike. Then I bought a bag of cat food to spread the love to the kitties. I met a really friendly cat yesterday and fed him my last cat treat slim-jim thing, he was leaking a bit of blood out of his nose though, and one of his eyes had closed. I think I might try spreading cat vitamins and feline medicine around, I don't want to see my favorites stiff on the sidewalk, or any of the other cats for that matter.

Last night we all went out for dinner then opened some presents over at Jess and Elsa's apartment. Thank you all back home, the gifts are lovely, and very useful! Evon, I really needed something warm to wear around my apartment, my pajamas just weren't cutting it, thank you. Makena made this really whacky pillow-cover for me that looks like a sea anemone. I'll put a picture of it up tonight.

Update on the cellphone, I use it to text like mad, but I hardly make a call because of the price. I've only made three voice calls since having it, but the number of texts I don't want to begin to count. Will I get one pack in the states? Probably, le sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home