12 April 2006

Out In Taksim, Kitten on the Sidewalk

I had an amazing moment today, before dinner I popped into a now well known rug and china merchant to pick up a gift for visiting family. The owner wasn't there at first so I sat and chattered with two of the workers, a Turkish man and a Tunisian woman in a mix of French Turkish and English, it was this wild multilingual mash. It was so much fun, and very exhilarating to speak French again.

On my way home I found somehting... Now what am I supposed to do with this little one?


She's outside my window now, after a walk home and a saucer of milk we pretended it was going to last forever. Listening to her cry puts a damper on the evening, but the nights are warm enough to sleep exposed and I moved her from the street to the heart of a cat loving neighborhood. But still those tiny cries...

More about dinner in Taksim tomorrow, it's past my bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home