03 April 2006

More Violence In Istanbul

The Story on BBC

Three dead and police are out in force. But nothing else seems different, at least in my district of the city. Most people don't seem to know about the rioting, or aren't readily expressing their opinions with me. I'll ask around and get people's reactions.

Update:
Cumhur tells me there was also rioting in Okmeydanı, a district adjacent to Mecidiyeköy and Şişli.

I still haven't gotten anyone's opinion on the situation. Even though I'm at a school that teaches English, my Turkish really should be better after 4 and a half months in country. I will keep asking people what they think, one of the workers at the cafe is Kurdish I believe, he might have a few insights if I can break the communication barrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home