25 June 2006

Multimedia Can't Replace My Negligence

But it's a good distraction from my lack of updates.
Here is a video I shot while dazed in the glaring sun. Something I found hard to find in the shops here, sunscreen. There are tons and tons of sun milks and oils for tanning, but I need a bit more than SPF six to not look like a lobster after being left out in the sun for an hour. The video is of the third daily prayer call " العصر " I staked out a good spot where I can usually hear two mosques very clearly, but the wind had picked up that day (thankfully) and only one came through very clean. It's also a great overview of my neighborhood, taken from the top of my favorite staircase. Enjoy!

I'm getting ready to move out of this apartment, hopefully I won't be spending the last month of my stay here on someone's back porch, but then again, the nights are very mild and pleasant after 10pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home