14 March 2006

Today I made enemies with four out of five Turks when I pointed at the newly installed "no smoking" signs. If there is a national vice in Turkey smoking has got to be it. The students are handling it as you would expect a pack of 19 year old kids to; after begging and then taking pictures of themselves posed next the sign with a cigarette on their lips they grudgingly accepted.

Last night instead of my usual trudge down the hill I took a winding route through the neighborhoods, down narrow stairways and hoped along sidewalks that were in the process of sliding down the hill side. The sun was approaching the horizon and I managed to snap this photo of some rooftops. This is back away from the roads where people have to take twisting paths just to get to their front doors, more eclectic styles can be seen here, people with garden sculpture made from discards and the like.



And here's a kitten who watched me from a distance, it had the cutest way of turning it's head to the side. Yes, behold the cuteness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home