11 May 2006

Details, details

Tomorrow I fly to Amsterdam for a weekend vacation, trading one city built around a water way for another. My final stop will actually be Rotterdam, were I will be visiting friends. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post my Misadventures in Rotterdam, as short as they may turn out to be.
It's funny, I tell myself that by traveling and seeing more of the world I break down stereotypes and such. As it turns out, this Saturday is 'National Windmill Day' in The Netherlands, so much for idealism! Regardless, this trip is going to be a bunch of fun, I'll tell you all about it when I return on Sunday.

And take a look at this half-time footage from the big Galatasaray/Beshiktash match. This sort of police phalanx is completely normal, along with people setting the stands on fire and police guarded barricades being put between fans of rival teams. To reiterate a statement I made months ago after watching my first match in Turkey: "Now you might think sports are big in the US, but matches in Turkey are more important than Politics, War, and Sex combined."

See you Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home