18 May 2006

Bugün Funky Cafe Çok Boş

I'm feeling especially Turkish today.  Maybe because I'm counting the minutes in an empty cafe with no one but Gokçe and Apo to keep me company.  We have fun and joke around in our hybrid language, but today I felt a bit more confident speaking Turkish to them.  One of these days I'm sure I'll get the hang of this language.  After al, they all say it's easy!  Apo's English has increased phenomenally in these last few weeks.  I guess the classes he's been attending have born fruit.

The hottest new music video in Turkey is called www.bombabomba.com it is played almost every hour on PowerTurk, our music video station.  If you go to bombabomba, you'll see it's an online dating service, I guess the song is about the luck the singer has had through this website.  Meeting people over the internet seems to be incredibly popular in Turkey, or at least in Istanbul.  Most emails I see sent by the workers sat the cafe are replies to personals, and many hours are logged oogling profile photos.  When I hear my name urgently repeated I know it's time for me to do some computer magic, send email, upload photos, or change their MSN picture to something sexier than a flower.

We have no more news about the shooting, but the investigation may reveal larger mechanisms at work, one friend told me.

Tomorrow the school will be closed, so we get to say "iyi tatillar" early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home